Sunday, November 11, 2012

Wood Ornaments

Every year I am in an ornament swap with my imaginary friends. That would be my friends who I have met on the Internet. Some of them I have actually met in person and talked on the phone with. But there are some I have never met. Regardless, I've known these ladies for years. We've gone through births, deaths, divorces, graduations and a bunch of other things together. You'd have to know them to know how wonderful they are!!

At any rate, if you visit my post from November or December of last year, you will see the ornaments I made for last years swap. The ornaments I am making this year are from wood.

I took wooden tags found at Michael's and covered them front and back with scrap booking paper. I attached it with Mod Podge. Then I sanded the edges and inked it with cat eyes ink.
I cut out the letter of their first name with my Sizzix die cut and glued them on. One on each side as it is reversible. Then I Mod Podged over the entire thing. Both front and back. I Inked a cream colored Prima flower and glued it on. Added some Stickles in the center of the flower. I attached some wire and buttons for hanging. I'm still debating on if I want to tie twine around the wire at the top or not. Decisions, decisions.

Here is what they look like. Each ornament had one side in the green gingham and one side in the sheet music. The ornament with the tree is an extra that I made (3) in case anyone joined the swap later or I needed a last minute small gift.

 
Twine or no twine....that is the question!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I will try to answer any questions as soon as they are posed.