Thursday, December 5, 2013

A couple cards

I made these 2 cards to display at work. I used the special montage papers that we just got in.

This card has the adorable skating penguin stamp by Great Impressions on it as well as a snow flake from Impression Obsession (with the mitten die). 
I'm very please with how these too cards turned out! 
See if you can find them on display at Picture This!!

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

2013 Ornament Swap

I used large bottle caps to make this years ornament for the swap!
Supplies used were green ribbon, My Mind's Eye coordinating papers from their Winter Wonderland collection, frosted lace Stickles, the Martha Stewart snowflake punch and adhesive rhinestones along with the large bottle caps. The Crop-a-dile and Aleene's EasyFlow tacky glue were also used.

I put a layer of Stickles around the outside of the snowman paper. I then highlighted the bottom of the snow man with the Stickles to make it look more like snow. 

On the back I placed the snowflakes and highlighted them with Stickles. I placed the adhesive rhinestones in the center of the snowflakes to add additional sparkle. 

I then punched two holes in the rim of the bottlecap using the punch and then threaded green ribbon through the holes and tied for hanging the ornament on the tree. 

I think they turned out cute!

Blue Poinsettia Christmas Card

My Mother-in-laws favorite color is blue, so I thought I'd make her a blue poinsettia from my new Spellbinder die set. 

I used two different shades of blue metallic paper to make the poinsettia. I did the 2 smaller dies in a lighter blue and the two larger dies in a darker blue.

I used Frosted Lace Stickles to give the poinsettia leaves a little extra sparkle. When dried I used my tacky glue to assemble the poinsettia. I finished it off by making the center with more Stickles! This time in a yellow. 

Light blue metallic card stock is the base and the tag. I used a gold metallic card stock and a wood grain Darice embossing folder for the back ground. The dark blue metallic border is cut out with a Spellbinder border die and embellished with clear adhesive rhinestones.

I love how it turned out!!

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sewing some more

Working on a new table runner for my dining room table. It's in blues and purples and aquas. I wanted something summer-ish. 

Here is the start of it. 

Just keep adding to it. 

Attach next strip, right sides together. This way you are quilting the runner as you go. Way cool!!


Then batting. I am using a natural Cotten batting for this project. 

Lay down backing, wrong side up. I'm using a 40"x 15" piece for this runner. 
Then lay batting on top. 
Start sewing strips in middle. Lay first 2 right side together and see 1/4" seam on right side. Open up and press. Then just keep adding your strips, alternating sides. 

Sewing on the next strip. I use strips 2"-3" inches wide. A lot of my strips are 2.5" wide as I really like that width. You can do whatever you want. Such a great way to use up scraps!! My strips are cut at least 16" long. Enough to hang over the sides of the project. I'll trim them up later before I bind it. 

Open it up and press. 

If you look closely you can see the quilting lines. It's hard to see as I used matching thread. 

When all the strips are sewn on, trim off excess fabric. 

Now that it is all trimmed up, it's time to do more quilting. I usually do this one of two ways. 
1. Quilt in the ditch and in center of each strip. 
2. Quilt in ditch and presser foot width within each strip. 

Today I'm using the first way. I'm going to use basic white on the top and matching thread on the bottom.