Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Blue Poinsettia Christmas Card

My Mother-in-laws favorite color is blue, so I thought I'd make her a blue poinsettia from my new Spellbinder die set. 

I used two different shades of blue metallic paper to make the poinsettia. I did the 2 smaller dies in a lighter blue and the two larger dies in a darker blue.

I used Frosted Lace Stickles to give the poinsettia leaves a little extra sparkle. When dried I used my tacky glue to assemble the poinsettia. I finished it off by making the center with more Stickles! This time in a yellow. 

Light blue metallic card stock is the base and the tag. I used a gold metallic card stock and a wood grain Darice embossing folder for the back ground. The dark blue metallic border is cut out with a Spellbinder border die and embellished with clear adhesive rhinestones.

I love how it turned out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I will try to answer any questions as soon as they are posed.