Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Quilted Christmas Stocking

Taking a little break from paper crafting to work on a stocking project that I've been putting off for a few years.


I started off by picking out my fabrics at Joann's. They had a great sale on fabrics so I got a good deal. I didn't want to go with traditional colors or with Christmas themed fabrics. It took me and my daughter Jordan about 45 minutes to finally decide on these 6 patterns! 


We decided to pair them with a solid burgundy for the back of the stocking and a solid white for the stocking lining and 'cuff'. 


For this pattern and direction: 

I printed her pattern and then made it slightly bigger for my stockings. 


I love that you quilt it as you go! I've made several table runners this way! 


Then just keep sewing them on each end until you have it done!! 


Then quilt it. I chose to do it in straight lines like she did. I say straight but they really aren't! ha! I just put them where I thought they needed to go. 
Then pinned the pattern on the back and trimmed the excess. I didn't take off the inch off the top like she said, but left it to my original pattern. 
Then sewed on the lining and back per her instructions (I failed to get pictures of this!!) and finished it off by not having the lining stick up since I'm adding a cuff. 




This is what it looked like. 


I'm making 8 of them!! 

I then embroidered the name and added the cuff to the top. Pictures to come!! And then added an edging and a loop and viola! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I will try to answer any questions as soon as they are posed.