Monday, February 2, 2015

Simply Distressed

Creating doesn't need to take a lot of time. I made up this page in just a few minutes the other day. Okay, it was like 15 minutes, but my point is that sometimes simple is just what you need.

This patterned paper was just the thing for a quick page. It already has character with the stripped top, the wide hounds tooth strip in the center and the solid bottom.

I took a sanding block and sanded the edges of the paper all the way around to give it a distressed look. I even let it tear slightly in a few places to add to the look. I used coordinating papers for the photo mounting squares. The flowers are a die by Cheery Lynn and the title was custom cut at Picture This to finish off the page. I love the clean look of this page but still feel it has character!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I will try to answer any questions as soon as they are posed.