Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Spellbinders Palm Tree, Dylusions and more!

I purchased this die awhile back but haven't had the time to really play around with it. I really love all things palm trees. They would be my next favorite thing after flamingos! (I've got a couple of those dies and need to work into some cards too....watch for the blog on them!!)
For this first card I had to create a background. I got out my Dylusions ink sprays and went to town!!
I cut a piece of white cardstock just large enough to fit under my oval cutout. I used Dylusions colors Pure Sunshine and Pomegranate Seed. I first sprayed the Sunshine at the top of the cardstock. Then I sprayed the Pomegranate at the bottom, overlapping the two colors. I went back and sprayed with the Sunshine again over the entire thing, then I blotted with a paper towel to get the effect I wanted. You need to make sure your area is covered by a mat and some paper....there will be some overspray! 




I set the background aside to dry. It will curl a little if it's not dry all the way. While that was drying, I cut black cardstock to make an A2 card and folded in half. Then I cut a piece of black paper 
5 1/2 "x 4 1/4 " and then cut out an oval from the center using the Spellbinders Nestabilities ovals. I made sure it was big enough to see the palm tree through. Then I cut the palm tree out of the oval I had cut out to save paper. 
Once background was dry, I attached it to the front of the card then using pop dots I popped out the black piece of paper over the top. Lastly I added the black palm tree. 
I simply LOVE how this card turned out!!


Here is another card I made with the palm tree die. Pretty simple. I used Spellbinders oval, Spellbinders circle and the palm tree dies. 



I'm wishing I would have used a swirl or other fun embossing folder on the darker blue paper to make the water really stand out. And maybe added a cloud to the sky. So many more options to step up this simple card!!

I hope these cards make you fall in love with the Spellbinders Palm Tree die as much as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I will try to answer any questions as soon as they are posed.