Friday, November 14, 2014

Bright and Cheery Summer Fun

Here is another of those scrapbook pages I got done the other day. This is #3 of the 4. (Come back in a couple of days to see #4!!) This was yet ANOTHER lonely little paper sitting on the store shelf. All alone.....feeling neglected! Seriously, I'm a sucker for those last sheets of paper that it seems like no one wants. I even seek them out. Don't like doing 1 page layouts? Cut that sweet little paper in half and use a coordinating color cut in half and viola! you've got 2 pages!!

Okay, now back to the page. I'm really happy with the way that this page turned out. LOVE the bright oranges and pinks and greens! The flower on the lower left is a design on the paper and I wanted to bring that out in the of the page!


Flowers are cut out using a Cheery Lynn die and topped with a Candi Dot in opposite colors. Green borders are punched out with a Martha Stewart lace scalloped punch. I used one of my many floral embossing folders to emboss the mats. Title is custom made by the girls at Picture This. Page is inked with Faded Paper Distress Ink by Tim Holtz.

Word of caution on the ink I used. It goes on really GREEN, but as the ink dries and sets it is fades more into the color you see here. So don't get all weirded out like I did (I only freaked out a little!!)
What can you do with this simple layout? Let me know what you came up with!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I will try to answer any questions as soon as they are posed.