Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Yummy Cheesy Bacon Potato Soup

With the arrival of colder temperatures and snow I thought it was the perfect time to throw some soup in the crock pot. Last year I discovered a recipe for Easy Crock Pot Potato Soup. I couldn't find the same recipe this year, so took what I could remember from when I made it last year and added some other things I found in recipes this year and made this soup. Better than last years!! Doesn't take my family of 5 long to go through a 5qt crock of soup!!



Here is my 'adjusted' recipe for Cheesy Bacon Potato Soup!
(all items listed for a single batch unless otherwise noted)

32 oz box chicken broth
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
Sliced carrots (I used about 1 1/2 cups for a double batch)
Diced onions (I used half a large onion for a double batch)
32 oz bag of frozen hashbrowns (the big chunky kind)
Cooked, diced bacon (I used a pound, divided, for a double batch. 3/4 lb in soup, 1/4 lb for garnish)
Salt and pepper to taste

I cooked in on high for 4 hours then turned it on low until the family was all home and ready to eat.
Served with shredded cheddar cheese and bacon

SO good. My husband raved and raved about this soup! Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I will try to answer any questions as soon as they are posed.